lunes, 13 de marzo de 2017

Day 2 - First day in IPC Exeter

I wake up in the morning and enjoy a nice breakfast with my hostess, Jackeline, and my french partner, Didier. After having breakfast Jackie takes us to IPC and shows us some interesting locations on the city.

Once in IPC we are received with honors by some of the teachers and we are given a nice black folder with a lot of information inside. There I meet Vicky, the woman I've been talking to for different issues before coming here. She is as nice as she seemed in the emails.

Time to meet the other students in the same group as me and in the other groups. There are a lot of French teachers, two Czech teachers and other two Polish. I can see everyone as exited as me to know how everything in our respective courses will be.

Down in the basement we meet Julie, the head of studies of IPC. Serious, sarcastic and stereotype of the English woman. She welcomes us and after a brief speech she int oduces us our teachers form the next two weeks.

My group follows Esther to classroom three where most of our sessions will take place.As it is compulsory we make some presentation activities to start meeting each other.


Then a break for a coffee, tea or biscuits and back to class.

Esther gives us a lot of information about the schedule, the trips, the rules and the punctuality. Times flies and it's time for lunch. It 12:30 and we go downstairs to socialize with the other teachers while we enjoymour meal. I m with the other Spanish teachers who I try to know better.

Then time for Roger, our guide in all trips for these two weeks. He has a different and more difficult to understand accent than Esther, but it's a nice man with lots of stories and big experience.


After taking some decisions and giving us the necessary information for the next days, we go out for a city tour. We visit the Quay, the part of,city destroyed by the Blitz during 2nd World War, and finally St. Peter's Cathedral. As the others I've seen before, impressive, huge, beautiful, surprising, ...

Then free time to go for a walk with the new friends and soon back home for dinner. Our hostess waits us at 19:00 to do so. As I said yesterday Jackie cooks really well. She cooked for us spaghetti with mushroom sauce, garlic bread and strudel. Delicious.

Finally time for reading, messaging the family and... good night.
See you tomorrow guys.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario