domingo, 12 de marzo de 2017

Day 1 - There I go Exeter!

7:00 a.m.
I usually wake up early on Sundays only when I go running. One week ago I also woke up at the same time, also for a school task, it was the San Vicente's 5km & 10 km running race and some students and teachers were participating, me too.


Today it's foggy in Alicante, reminiscences from U.K?
No, it's the result of a previous summer like day, here. Beaches were crowded, people stated wearing t-shirts and shorts and, in the meantime, I was having a look at Exeter's weather. As they advice us, it's spring like, so the same day it's sunny, cloudy, windy and rainy. Perfect to prepare your suitcase.

8:20 a.m.
Once in the airport I'm ready to flight to Bristol. Every time I flight I remember how annoying is the process. Luckily the electronic boarding card makes it quicker, but the way to the security control is uncomfortable, having to take part of your clothes off, electronic devices separately, and so on.

And finally you're in, Waiting for the board gate to be announced, going on the row to get into the plane and finding a place for your luggage next to your seat.


The flight was on time and finally I arrived at Bristol. Before picking up the luggage we have to pass a security and document control with the police. There is a big queue of people waiting for that.
Out in the terminal I've decided to start diving in the English culture and I have had lunch at 12:00, while I was waiting for the bus to Exeter.


Surprisingly the bus was late, yes we are in England, and as the ticket machine of the bus was broken the driver gave us a "free ride" to Exeter. The landscape was fascinating because of its green tones and the rural aspect of the area.


When I have arrived to Exeter my hostess was waiting me at the bus stop. It seems so nice and with a good accent. As it happened me the fist time I went on an Comenius project, the conversation started flowing, for me it's something magical.

Once at home, we have been standing in her living room for more than one hour having a conversation about a lot of different topics, politics, economy, education, European Union, Brexit, family,...
Even we have had time to receive Jackies niece, who brought a handmade cake. 


After that, Jackie has gone to pick up from Exeter airport the french teacher who is staying with us for one week, Didier.
In the meantime I have made a videoconference with my family to show them the place and speak with them a little bit. 

Then time for the dinner, Jackie is a good cooker, and time to go to our bedrooms to get ready for the next day..

Today I've woken up in San Juan and now I'm going to bed in Exeter, UK.

Have a good night,


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario